Haryana is located in the North-west of India. Its total area is 44,212 sq. km. It shares boundaries with various states such as in its east there is Uttar Pradesh, in North-West Punjab, in North, Himachal and in its South-West Rajasthan. Besides Haryana has covered Delhi from three sides. Haryana General Knowledge PDF Download.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- governor – Kaptan Singh Solanki
- State Bird – Black Francolin
- State tree – Peepal
- State Flower – Lotus
- State Animal – Blackbuck
List of Ministers of Haryana and Their Ministry 2016 for all HSSC And HPSC Exams – Haryana Staff Selection Commission and Haryana Public Service Commission
Chief Minister – Sh Manohar Lal Khattar
- Departments under CM – Home, Power, Mines and Geology, Town and Country Planning and Urban Estates, Architecture, Science and Technology, Jails, General Administration, Administration of Justice, Information, Public Relations and Public Affairs, Renewable Energy, Raj Bhawan Affairs, Electronics and Information Technology and any other department not occupied by any minister.
- Sh Ram Bilas Sharma – Education and Languages/ Tourism/ Technical Education/Civil Aviation/ Parliamentary Affairs/ Hospitality/Archaeology and Museums
- Sh Anil Bij – Health and Medical Education, Ayush, Election, Archives, Sports and Youth Affairs
- Captain Abhimanyu – Finance Minister/ Revenue and Disaster Management/ Excise and Taxation/Environment/Planning/Industries and Commerce/ Law and Legislative/ Labour and Employment/ Rehabilitation/ E.S.I/ Consolidation/ Institutional Finance and Credit Control
- Sh Om Parkash Dhankar – Agriculture Minister, Development and Panchayats, Irrigation, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Fisheries
- Sh Narbir Singh – Public Works ( B & R ), Forest, Industrial Training
- Smt Kavita Jain – Social Justice and Empowerment, Urban Local Bodies, Women and Child Development.
- Sh Krishan Lal Panwar – Transport, Housing.
Haryana Cabinet Reshuffle – here is the latest updates of About Haryana Mantri Mandal
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar expanded his ministry with the induction of three new ministers.
- The new ministers are Vipul Goyal (Faridabad), Manish Grover (Rohtak) and Banwari Lal (Bawal).
- While Goyal has been made a cabinet minister, Grover and Lal have been inducted as ministers of state with independent charge.
- Khattar also dropped two ministers of state, Ghansham Das Saraf and Vikram Thekedar, from his ministry.
- The Khattar government, which is the first Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Haryana, assumed office on October 26, 2014. This is the second expansion carried out by Khattar.
Important Facts About Haryana
Haryana General Knowledge PDF – List of Important Facts About Haryana , Its location, Size and Other important Facts given below
- Capital of Haryana – Chandigarh
- Districts – 21
- Governor – Kaptan Singh Solanki
- Assembly Seats – 90
- Lok Sabha Seats – 10
- Rajya Sabha Seats – 5
- Chief Minister – Sh Manohar Lal Khattar
- Education/ Tourism –Sh Ram Bilas Sharma
- Health Minister – Sh Anil Bij
- Finance Minister – Sh Captain Abhimanyu
- Agriculture Minister – Sh Om Parkash Dhankar
- Public Works ( B & R ) – Sh Narbir Singh
- Social Justice and Empowerment/ Urban Local Bodies – Smt Kavita Jain
- Transport/ Housing – Sh Krishan Lal Panwar
- Haryana was formed on 1st of November 1966. This day is celebrated as Haryana Day.
- At which of the following place was the famous battle of Panipat fought? –Panipat
- In 1526 the famous battle between Babar and Ibrahim Lodi was fought at –Panipat
- When was the famous battle of Panipat fought? –1556
- The third battle of Panipat was fought between— Ahmad Shah Abdali and Maratha rulers
- At which place of Haryana did Lord Krishna preach the message of Geeta ? – Kurukshetra
- In 1947 when India was declared Independent, which of the following States was Haryana a part? – Punjab
- When was the State of Haryana formed? – 1st November 1966
- With how many states does the boundary of Haryana touch? – 5
- What is the total area of Haryana ? – 44212 Square Kms
- How many districts are there in Haryana ? – 21
- As per census of 2011 the total population of Haryana is- 2,53,53,081 persons
- When did Mehmood Gajanavi attack Thanesar ? In 1014
- Who had discovered Indus Valley Civilization ? R.S. Bisht
- At what place of Haryana, the Mutiny of 1857 began ?Ambala Cantonment
- Who was the Nawab of Bahadurgarh at the time of 1857 Mutiny ? Mohan Singh
- Who had led Patodi during 1857 Mutiny ?– Akbar Ali
- From which district of Haryana was Gandhi arrested on 30th July 1919 ?– Hisar
- In which district is the Tomb of Ghulam ruler Rajia Sultana situated? –Kaithal
- Which Tomb has been declared as National heritage under the archaeological land and remnants act 1958 ? – Seikh Chilli
- Which ancestor king of emperor Harshvardhan made the construction of Thaneshawar Mahadev temple near Thaneshwar city? – Puniya Bhuti
- Where is panchawati pilgrim Place is Situated In Faridabad ? – Palwal
- Which of the Following Dance perform By haryana Women?-Teej Dance
National Highways of Haryana and Important Cities lying on them
We have seen that there were some questions related with Haryana National Highways in the recently held exams by HSSC. So check some of the questions related with NH Haryana. Haryana General Knowledge PDF
- NH 1 – Delhi to Amritsar – Cities – Amritsar, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Ludhiana, Rajpura, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Panipat, Sonipat, Delhi
- NH 2 – Delhi to Kolkata – The cities of Haryana that fall on this Highways are – Faridabad, Ballabhgarh, Palwal, Hodal
- NH 8 – Delhi to Mumbai – Cities are – Gurgaon, Bawal
- NH 10 – Delhi to Fazilka – Cities Bahadurgarh, Rohtak, Maham, Hansi, Hisar, Fatehabad, Sirsa, Dabwali
- NH 22 – Ambala to Shipkila – Important Cities Kalka, Pinjore
- NH 21 A – Pinjore to Swarghat – Pinjore, Panchkula
- NH 65 – Ambala to Pali – Ambala
- NH 71 – Sangarur to Bawal Road – Sangarur, Narwana, Rohtak, Jhajjar, Bawal Road
- NH 71 A – Rothak to Panipat – Cities are – Rohtak and Panipat
- NH 72 – Ambala to Haridwar – Ambala, Jagadhari
- NH 73 – Roorki to Panchkula Road – Yamunanagar, Saha, Panchkula
subcribe to our mailing list on Tech Blicks, for more updates.